Back in the water for the 2017 season....

Mar 11, 2014
Looks like that Top down with the balls on the torsion line furls very nice. I'm sure you won't get any back wrap either.

Enjoy... I want to see photos under sail.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina Capri-18 Dallas TX
Slartibartfass said:
Went back to the boat for another test fit of the drifter sail. Had worked the head patch so it is softer and furls better. Happy with the overall result. Also installed the continous furling line for the Profurl furler.

Here is my line/sheet/halyard setup:

Any info on these halyard line clutches?
Like who made them and model number maybe?

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
cavelamb said:
Any info on these halyard line clutches?
Like who made them and model number maybe?
I assume they came with the boat. My CP-22 had the race package factory installed...next time I'm at the boat I look for markings on the clutches.

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Not yet. Currently shitty weather again in NY. Was planning on going tomorrow but had to cancel due to weather. Will try to take pictures/shoot a video unless raising the spinnaker results in a Chinese gybe at which point I'm either in the water or very busy......

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Tried the drifter sail today. Sorry no video footage yet. Need to get my GoPro set up for that.

Furling and unfurling went easy. For a tack just furl up and unfurl. Only takes a few seconds to get the sail rolled up.

Additional comment: I will raise the tack point on the drifter by a foot. Left some excess anti torsion rope to play with..... still have enough room at the head/halyard.

Attachments

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Also suddenly noticed a flat on my boat trailer. Must have been fatigue but the outer layer sheared off. Getting 2 new tires, the other one can't be far behind. I assume both tires are 11+ years old....

Attachments

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
odj22sailor said:
What was the wind and boat speeds that you saw today?
Wind speed was very shifty in direction and speed. We went from 2-3kt to 10-15kt.

Boat max speed was around 6.5kt at times....

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Slartibartfass said:
Additional comment: I will raise the tack point on the drifter by a foot. Left some excess anti torsion rope to play with..... still have enough room at the head/halyard.
Actually did this yesterday evening. Roughly extended by a foot. Still have some more torsion line to play with.

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
First solo sail ever today. Gave it a try. Only hoisted the main. Went pretty good overall. Wind was around 10kt at times......

Jul 22, 2013
Catalina Capri 22 Mk II Salem Harbor
Slartibartfass said:
First solo sail ever today. ..
Solo sailors are multitaskers. Sail trim, course, beer cooler, sound system-boom bottle and lobster pots keep me hopping. On my capri, I'm captain, pilot and mate, the whole dang shebang.
Wooster

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Tried out my new Tohatsu Propane outpoard yesterday and it is a learning curve. The Torqueedo is a lot easier to control with the throttle attachment (no gear shifting necessary/very fine speed control). Otherwise more long distance power with the Tohatsu.....

With the Tohatsu I put the rudder in a fixed position and used the motor to steer (opposite with the Torqueedo). I think I will change and fix the Tohatsu as well and use the rudder going forward. Feels more natural to me...... Will see....

In calm water I do not need to lower the 25" Tohatsu to run it. It's covered by a few inches above the anti ventilation plate (harbor area).

Attachments

HERSH

Nov 21, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 http://www.chelseayacht.org
I tried leaving my Tohatsu in the upright position when at my mooring. But the lower unit dips back and forth in the water --- algae then grow on it. Now I leave it in the tilted forward position. Was nervous that rain water would then get into the engine compartment.

Does anybody leave their motor tilted forward while sitting at the dock or on a mooring?

Hershey