B381 Lifeline Stantion bases

Aug 28, 2018
Beneteau 381 Sarnia, ON
I have a 1999 Ben. Oceanis 381 and would like to add a lifeline station base so I can relocate one of my gates to the bow. I have a couple extra bases. How do they install.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
On my B323 I just left the aft gates there and placed gate-lines between the pulpit and first stanchion. I did that for acess via the finger pier bow-in.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Just change the wire's pulpit end connectors, add a gate brace to the first stanchion, and a gate stop, to transfer wire's tension from the pulpit to the braced stanchion . This way you only have to drill holes for the gate brace while leave all the other stanchions in place. Replacing fittings is a major expense, since in most cases it requires replacing the wire and all connected hardware. However, the pulpit end wire is normally a threaded stud with turnbuckle.. so you can remove the turnbuckle and replace with a threaded pelican hook...thus no additional cutting or crimping is needed.
Here's a gate brace made by Garhauer priced at $30.

You can find these Hayn Gate Stops at Downwind Marine for around $7.00
Downwind Marine sells these Hayn replacement pelican hooks(body only, without threaded stud) for around $26.00...

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Don't know what yours are like on my boat they are one hole drilled thru and bolted, if you go to Holland marine cat, on line page 219 they have some for c&c that bolt to the toe rail.I have seen people install these on other boats with the brace like above that also bolted to toe rail .They are a few pages over

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
I've added a front gate to the starboard side of my 2000 331 using one of the double stanchions obtained from Beneteau. I left the rear gates in place. My stanchions end in a large (20mm?) bolt at the bottom that goes through a hole in the toe rail plate and deck and is secured with a single nut from below.