B331 switchboard rail terminal block

Feb 19, 2024
Beneteau 331 California
Hey guys,

I recently did some electrical work on my B331, and I could not find a way to release a wire in the terminal block behind the switchboard. Photo attached.

I tried to push in a screwdriver but with no success. I understand it is a spring cage block, and it seems like I need a special instrument (or maybe a thinner screwdriver) to push inside one of the holes.

Does anyone know how to do it? Or do you know the manufacturer of this terminal block?

I would much appreciate any
guidance.

Attachments

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
I can’t answer you “How To” question, but the manufacturer might be Wago.

I have a reference to WAGO in the documentation on my electrical system. A Google search came up with a ton of quick connect wiring products, I went to Wago.com for a look around, but haven’t tried finding exactly what was used in our wiring systems. I also searched on Amazon, and I think we may have a DIN Rail terminal block. But that’s just a guess at this point.

Good luck!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I agree - Beneteau definitely used quite a bit of Wago terminals like that. On our 37 they used a Wago ground block that releases by turning a Phillips head latch buried in the recesses, but that looks a little different than those. Unfortunately I’ve never been able to find the exact Wago block Beneteau uses on sites like digikey. I don’t know exactly how they sourced them or where manuals are available.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Terminal blocks can be designed in several ways. Two common methods of connection are “push in” or “screw”.

Here is a link to a company with push-in terminal blocks that look similar to the one in your image.

here is an internal image of a push-in design.

1708697586169.jpeg

To release the wire you need to move the spring.

Feb 19, 2024
Beneteau 331 California
Thanks for all suggestions. I haven't found an identical Wago block, but it might be because mine are at least 20 y.o.

I'll get a thinner screwdriver and give it one more try with all available slots. Hope that will work.