B24

M

Member 131497

Any with knowledge or have any experience with this AMAZON PAMICO 400W wind system?
Screenshot_20200103-020639.png

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I don't have any experience with them, but in my own casual research, I've become a fan of vertical wind turbines. This one, however, doesn't look like it is as efficient as others. It is basically a glorified anenometer. It wouldn't ever turn as fast as the wind, while other designs work more like a sail and can exceed windspeed.

Something more like this should give you higher generating speeds.
Vertical generators have an advantage over horizontal generators in that they can withstand higher windspeeds without governing and don't suffer gyroscopic torque with changes in wind direction.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Sorry, my research has focused around home built projects. No brand experience.
Also,
Please take my comments as those of an interested and hopefully helpful party trying to present an expanded perspective. I have no expertise, only an aim for opened minded consideration. With luck, there will be plenty of other sailors who actually know useful information joining in. :beer:

-Will (Dragonfly)

M

Member 131497

Sorry, my research has focused around home built projects. No brand experience.
Also,
Please take my comments as those of an interested and hopefully helpful party trying to present an expanded perspective. I have no expertise, only an aim for opened minded consideration. With luck, there will be plenty of other sailors who actually know useful information joining in. :beer:

-Will (Dragonfly)