B24

M

Member 131497

Hi
Im in the process to rig this gadget on the mast but this company customer service is not too helpful... They jyst referred you to a video that doesn't gives details on what to buy and hiw to rig it up. So... once again, Im consulting those with more "flying time" to find out the details on how many blocks (size, type) rope(rigging, width, perhaps approximate lenght, ect
location of hardware to be installed
... I know this sounds like "you want us to fly it too! ...LOL... but im inexperienced with this sort of things and i would like to purchase the accessories, ect asap so i can have them with me on my return to the marina to continue work on the boat. Perhaps reference to videos ect

Thx in advance... Very very much.
C
20200102_175114.jpg
20200102_175141.jpg

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I've never flown a spinnaker before, but I too am interested in learning the "ropes". It looks straight forward enough.
You need a halyard, of course. You have an adjustable downhaul that attaches to some turning blocks and cleating system. The sheet with block and winch and cleat, and a sock or sleeve down haul to bundle it all back in the sleeve when done. I couldn't tell from the video if there needed to be a dedicated halyard for the sock or if the wind just opened the chute and pushed the sock up to the top automatically.
I know there will soon be someone coming along who knows of what we speak.

-Will (Dragonfly)