B&G Foward Scan Questions

Jun 22, 2012
Hunter 380 Seattle
Good day all, I'm gonna run with Scott T-Bird's hi-jack of Barryl's post . I'm looking for real advise on installing a B&G Forward Scan on my H380. The boat also has two existing transducer holes, just fore of the keel and on either side of centerline. One throughhull has a DST810 and the other has a blanking plug, ~8" away. It would be lovely not to drill another hole in my boat if I can get away with it, so I'm wondering:
1) how real is the interference between the Forward Scan and the traditional sounder. Is B&G concerned about return echos or turbulence.
2) If the interference is real, can I somehow disable the depth function on the 810 and still keep the paddle wheel for SOW.
3) Can I do this quickly and on the fly?
4) What is the power consumption of the Forward Scan vs the 810.
5) does anyone know what the 810 uses as a frequency vs the Forward Scan. Am I gonna be messing with the orca whale echolocation?
I'm using a newer Zeus3 and a couple of older Tritons for the user interface and processing. Thanks for your consideration! j

So it appears that you are shooting thru the hull with it and it may be located some distance from your DST 810. I'm thinking more about how to utilize the existing hole right next to my DST 810, which is now filled with the old depth transducer (I had separate depth and paddlewheel ducers basically side-by-side.
Sorry for thread hi-jacking, but sometimes interesting info comes out of a thread that goes in a new direction!