B 24 jib tracks

M

Member 131497

Hi...
Anyone has an idea if the jib lead tracks are screwed directly into the fiberglass ir if they've a screw and washer covered by fiberglass, since none of the screws are coming out at all. Not even unscrewing a bit. I look under and see nothing. Thx
C

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I don’t know about your boat specifically.....but a couple of things:

- I would think it highly unlikely that the track is just screwed into the fiberglass...

- Are you sure you are looking at the underside of the deck, or a fiberglass liner of some sort? My boat has a fiberglass liner and there are holes with plastic plugs wherever some hardware is through-bolted. Remove the plugs to access the nuts.

did you say you tried backing off the screws and they don’t loosen and back out? Then I would think that they are through-bolted and are just spinning.

Greg

M

Member 131497

I don’t know about your boat specifically.....but a couple of things:

- I would think it highly unlikely that the track is just screwed into the fiberglass...

- Are you sure you are looking at the underside of the deck, or a fiberglass liner of some sort? My boat has a fiberglass liner and there are holes with plastic plugs wherever some hardware is through-bolted. Remove the plugs to access the nuts.

did you say you tried backing off the screws and they don’t loosen and back out? Then I would think that they are through-bolted and are just spinning.

Greg
Thx a bunch Greg... Let me go back out there and check for those plastic plugs

C