Avon inflatable floor repair

Jun 17, 2014
Beneteau Oceanis 400 Gulfport
I have an avon SIB that came with a recently purchased sailboat. I inflated the tubes and floor this evening for the first time. The tubes look good. The floor is another story. I see 3 leaks all coming from seams at the sides of the floor. Is this a DIY or does it need to go to a professional?

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I patched my inflatable floor successfully but it wasn't on a seam. If you can send it back you should.

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
I just patched mine. Worked fine. I got a repair kit from defender. Not the quick patch kind but the real deal kit with MEK and glue. It also came with a good deal of material. Two thicknesses. The seems on the floor should have a seam cover strip or overlap. I just cleaned under that-toothbrush if you have to and followed the directions with the kit. MEK both sides, let dry, adhesive on both sides let get tacky and press together. Worked mint. I carry the kit with me in with my flares and safety equipment. You never know. Good luck.

Aug 3, 2010
Hunter 326 Charleston SC
There are some good videos out on YouTube. I had to do some repairs and used HH-66 glue. You can get it from Sailrite.com or from a local vendor. I used 2 prep coats and one to seal. Make sure when connecting the floor to the cells you align it right the first time because it’s a contact glue and it almost impossible to move it when the two pieces come together.

It's also alot cheaper then buying small tubes through other sources. $ 17.00 for a pint

JohnS

Sep 25, 2008
Islander (Wayfarer/McGlasson) 32 St Georges Harbor
Make sure you get the right glue for the right fabric. Don't know whether your Avon is PVC or Hypalon. I need to re-glue the floor and transom on my Zodiac, which is "Strongan" PVC. My initial inquiries were met with "don't bother, it will never work", but further research indicates a lot of people have had success with 2 part kits. I'm waiting for cooler weather to attempt it.