autohelm ST 50 Wind indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie

I recieved this great ST50 gift for xmas and would like to install it on the starboard, forward cockpit bulkhead, near the hatchway. All of my other Autohelm instruments are mounted at the wheel, but in order to put this one with the others I would need to buy a new larger pod --more expence. It sounds like this wall is hollow but I am not sure. Has anyone mounted instruments in this location? Would appreciate any info or help. Tried to contact Catal;ina on the internet with no luck. Do they have a customer home page?

M

Mike s/v Chute the Breeze

Bulkhead???

Charlie, I'm sure you can cut a hole and mount your inst on the bulkhead, many people do just that and I was one of them a few years back. I would not go that way again because of guests and crew seem to love to lay back on those bulkheads, and I never got to see them or was getting them to lean over, lay back ect ect. I removed them and glassed in the holes. Check out navpods, I know it is one more thing to buy but for me on my boat now everything is at the helm, and I really get to use my inst's. Just something to think about? Mike mosilver@netnitco.net

B

Bob Camarena

Rear Cockpit

I'm not familiar with the exact layout of the 28 cockpit, but when mounting the control display for my Autohelm autopilot on my '81 C-30, I mounted it on the starboard seatback just to the side of the helm position ( I don't have a pod). It's easily visible from the wheel and very seldom gets behind someone's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.