Autohelm ST 50 Plus ?(Raymarine) wind indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2010
Catalina 28MKII Table Rock
I have "Authelm" wind indicator on my 1996 Catalina MKII that hopefully just needs calibration. Does anyone have this unit? Please see attached photo.

The representative at Raymarine said this is an ST 50 Plus but when they sent the manual, one button doesn't match my unit. I have a TRU/APP button where the manual states it is a CAL button.

I called the representative back and he said that the photo in the manual is incorrect..and that he is not aware of any other manuals. Unfortunately the instructions refer to the CAL button and I still have not been able to calibrate this unit. I wanted to check if someone had any supplementary instructions or if by chance they had the procedures for this unit.

I would like to make sure that I am following the correct procedures before resort to other options.

Attachments

Oct 1, 2008
Catalina C-42 mkII Alameda
I have the exact same ST50 + Wind on my boat and I have the original manual. The pictures do not match. The TRU/APP button functions as the CAL button. Go ahead an follow the calibration procedures in the manual.

Dec 1, 2010
Catalina 28MKII Table Rock
I have the exact same ST50 + Wind on my boat and I have the original manual. The pictures do not match. The TRU/APP button functions as the CAL button. Go ahead an follow the calibration procedures in the manual.

I really appreciate this information. I had hail damage and replaced the vane and cups. I could have had a storm related electrical issue but I wanted to confirm that I had the correct calibration procedures for my unit.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.