Autohelm 1000 (analog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2011
MacGregor 26S Hampton, VA
I have an autohelm 1000 that came with the boat, I powered it up the other day to see if it worked and it does operate the ram. Does anyone know if the pins for sale for the autohelm st1000 for the tiller and the mounting sockets work with the older 1000? I didn't take a picture but the tip of the ram where the plastic tip is, doesn't look like it goes to a pin but some other type of connection.

I know it's to be mounted 18" from the pivot point and 19" to the starboard side, this will put it somewhere on the deck of the rear compartment (1990 Mac 26s). I thought I read somewhere where someone built a mounting board rather than drill into this cover, I can figure this out but hey if a current socket works, then I may just go that route.

So I need the connection to the tiller (and I need to look again to see if I need the offset bracket) and the mounting socket or the cantilever arm. Anyone else install an older 1000 on a Mac 26s? Mine has the internal pivot for the rudder, not the one that is mounted on outside of the transom.

I'm just excited it works and look forward to relaxing a little

Status
Not open for further replies.