Attwood Calorifier - weeping pressure relief valve

• Thread starter Colin Danielsson
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Danielsson

My pressure relief valve was weeping (at all times) and was replaced with a simple 3Bar device which is fine when the engine runs - but weeps when the imersion heater is one (water MUCH hotter). Also the imersion runs very hot - indeed too hot I would say. I can overcome both problems by running off a little water to reduce the pressure, and turning the heater off after about 30 mins. Has anyone come across this, and, ideally, turned down the temperature, and replaced the pressure relief valve with a stronger one ?

G

Greg Zagni

Pressure relief valve

The valve on my year 2000, 361 recently started to weep after I had left the inmmersion heater on for some time. I have a 'Seaward' water heater which is fitted with a temperature/pressure relief valve firing off between 127 and 150psi. I have had quite a job finding a replacement for this so as a temparary measure fitted a 3 bar pressure only valve which so far appears to be ok. My immersion is fitted with a detached fixed tempreture control thermostat which I must admit allows the water to heat hotter than I really require. I assume that may be a health and safety requirement. Like you I just switch it off after 15 minutes or so

Status
Not open for further replies.