"ATTENTION NARRAGANSETT BAY SAILORS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Catalina C-27 Providence, RI
Greetings to all you Narragansett Bay sailors out there, The Admiral and I have been kicking around the idea of having a get-together of Oday owners on the bay this summer. We were thinking that it might be fun to meet some like-minded people and have a few laughs. Perhaps we could coordinate it to coincide with an event on the bay, “The Snapple Sunset Music Series in Newport is one option”. We could meet-up at Potter’s Cove on a Friday afternoon and raft-up for dinner and libations. On Saturday enjoy some sailing or head-off to an event. Raft-up again on Saturday Night and repeat the whole thing on Sunday then sailing home at the end of the day. If for nothing else, this is a great opportunity to see some great boats and share our experiences with some of our neighboring Oday fanatics. If you are interested please respond to this thread and we can begin putting this plan together. HAPPY SAILING, BILL

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Hmmm...

Well, as long as it doesn't jam up the big 6th annual "rOnDAYvous", July 11-13 at the Chelsea YC on the Hudson, I might be up for a trek to Narragansett Bay for some sailing and O'daying. After the rOnDAYvous I still have a week or two of vacation time left, so let me know what dates you have in mind and I'll see what I can do. Good luck with the planning. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Sep 3, 2007
2 25 Narragansett Bay RI
Getting Together on theBay

Bill, We'll I'm up for it, but I'm still in the midst of doing some upgrades. Unfortunately, work has turned into a bit of a problem and I've had to put in some pretty serious overtime. Hopefully, I would like to splash before the 4th, but it's not looking good. If the boat is wet, I'll be there. Chuck L. Everlong O'day 25 Kickimuit River Warren

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
O'Day Get Together

Bill, It all depends on which week we do this. The first week of July is my wife's birthday and also our wedding anniversary. She doesn't sail with me too much anymore and I always bring my dog Penny with me when I sail. Joe

gboase

Oct 27, 2007
2 25 West Warwick RI
It's a tiller

Quite bragging ... you're just happy to be sailing. Count me in! Love to get together with other people smart enough to own O'Day sailboats. Just so happens I was just anchored in Potter's Cove. Short sail for me since I dock at Apponaug Marina. Just as an FYI for those who are not familiar with the area, watch out for that straight between Warwick Neck, Patients and Prudence Island. Under certain weather and tidal conditions that tiny little bit of water can be a real thrill ride. Any other time it's great and a shortcut to Potters coming from the north. If you happen to see a red O'Day 25 named Guru's Method, give me a shout! I'm always on ch 16 when out and about. I'll be there later today (Sunday 6-22-08) Enjoy the day! George Boase

May 11, 2004
Oday 25 Bullocks Cove, Narragansett Bay
Count us in

Sound good to me. I have passed your idea on to a few OD owners in the cove and at NTYC. Let us know when you have the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.