Attending Strictly Sail Chicago 2013 - any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igetit

May 26, 2011
Hunter 270 Lake Monroe, Indiana
This weekend I booked accomodations and bought show tickets online for Strictly Sail Chicago, which occurs Jan 24-27 at Navy Pier. Nice to have something to look forward to while the snow melts. Looks like a great lineup of exhibits, seminars, etc, and as this will be my first time at the event, I'm wondering if any who have attended in the past have insights to share?

I plan to be there Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday, will also be visiting our son that weekend who lives in Chicago. Am somewhat familiar with the city and venue but would be very interested in any stories others could share who have attended this in the past.

Oct 4, 2011
Want A Hunter! 33 Seneca Lake
I'm going too, will be there Saturday only. My first time as well.

May 21, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Milwaukee South Shore Yacht Club
The Lake Michigan Hunter Sailing Association members will be getting together for dinner after the show on Saturday evening. We always have a great time. You can get info at the LMHSA table at the Hunter booth. Members take turns manning the booth during the show. My wife and I have spent three days at the show every year of its existence, since it was created at the Waukesha Expo Center in Waukesha, Wisconsin. We always save up our large boat purchases for the show so we can take advantage of Boat Show Specials. We go to dream, shop and see friends. It is an excellent winter getaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.