Attaching furler

Jun 6, 2020
Hunter H23.5 Fleming Island
New sailor here. I have a Harken furler and am missing the part that connects it to the stem head.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
It looks like a CDI, are you sure it's Harken? You need the top swivel piece? Give me a call Monday if you'd like, 877-932-7245 x116, Mon-Fri, 9-3:30 Pacific.

Jun 6, 2020
No, I am not sure. I was told by someone it was a Harken, but I genuinely have no idea. I'll be calling you tomorrow to try and sort this out. Thank you, sir.

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
It is a CDI furler, probably an FF2. Here’s a link to down loading the owner’s manual.

There is a wire forestay inside the furler. The forestay is part of the boat, not the furler. The bottom of the forestay has a turnbuckle to adjust the length of the forestay. The part at the bottom of the forestay, called the tbolt toggle, is damaged. the toggle part of the “tbolt toggle” is missing.

The toggle is not supposed to come off the T bolt. you can purchase a replacement tbolt toggle.

You will need to open up the furler to get at the turnbuckle, remove the damaged tbolt toggle, and replace it. The owners manual has instructions on how to do that. You’ll need to measure the diameter of the threaded part of the tbolt to determine the correct size.

While you are at it, it’s wise to inspect the top foot or so of the forestay wire to rule out any broken strands.

Judy B

Jun 6, 2020
It is a CDI furler, probably an FF2. Here’s a link to down loading the owner’s manual.

There is a wire forestay inside the furler. The forestay is part of the boat, not the furler. The bottom of the forestay has a turnbuckle to adjust the length of the forestay. The part at the bottom of the forestay, called the tbolt toggle, is damaged. the toggle part of the “tbolt toggle” is missing.

The toggle is not supposed to come off the T bolt. you can purchase a replacement tbolt toggle.

You will need to open up the furler to get at the turnbuckle, remove the damaged tbolt toggle, and replace it. The owners manual has instructions on how to do that. You’ll need to measure the diameter of the threaded part of the tbolt to determine the correct size.

While you are at it, it’s wise to inspect the top foot or so of the forestay wire to rule out any broken strands.

Judy B