Atomic 4 Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MJ

Greetings! Can anyone tell me the oil capacity for the Atomic 4 gas engine? The year of the engine is '79 or '80. Also does anyone know of a user's manual that is available? Thanks, MJ

N

Nelson Gibbs

Atomic 4 Manual

There are two good manuals for the Atomic 4 that I'm aware of. The first is from Seacraft Publications (John Stanton I believe) published in 1999 and available from www.nauticalmind.com (A Canadian Nautical Bookstore so don't let the prices throw you off). I keep a copy aboard my C27. The other is a manual from Don Moyer, the A4 guru in Harrisburg, PA and available at www.moyermarine.com. I keep a copy in my garage for serious work. Be sure to check the serial number on your engine because there are significant differences between the old and new models with the change around the late 60's or early 70's. Even if the boat was built in the late 70's, if you aren't the original owner the engine may have been replaced with a rebuilt earlier model at some point in time. I believe the Seacraft manual gives the serial number schemes for the different models.

Status
Not open for further replies.