ATM Tacker Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Turner

I'm considering adding an ATN "Tacker" and a used spinnaker to my sail inventory, for occasional use as a cruising spinnaker. Anyone have experience with the Tacker? What size used spinnaker would I want to look for for a Catalina 30 Mk 1, standard rig? Any low-cost options other than the above? Sail will be used only occasionally on day/costal sails. Thanks! Mike Turner S/Y Amity Long Beach, CA

H

hp

Beats me

I had a tacker and never got the point. It seems to me that you have to live with the notion that the spinnaker is off the bow intentionally. So what's the use of having it cling to the forestay? I second the motion for a chute. Don't go flying without one, or you'll be flailing your arms trying to gather in the spin. And that could lead to a rip.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Lower-cost alternative

Called Chute Scoop. I don't have their address but I'm sure they're online.

C

Craig Steinkraus

ATN Tacker

I have used my ATN Tacker on both my symetrical and A-sym. chutes and it works well. It allows you to control the tack of the sail throughout the jibe(< spelling?) and allows you to fly the sail much higher than you could by allowing the tack to fly free, especially in shifty winds.I hate to sound like an advertisement for ATN, but I have used several types of socks, and ATN is far superior in my opinion. Craig Steinkraus "Wings" C-38 #280

Status
Not open for further replies.