Atlantic Tower Tower in a box

Sep 30, 2012
Hunter H280 North Hero, VT
Anyone here have experience to share with this product ? I had a guy quote a custom SS davit with a solar panel braket for $ 5000.00 !!!!! Hey, the boat is only a 28 feet !!!
I think the Tower in a box would be more resonable but would like to have comment from people using it.

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
The page shows arches in the $2000 range with accessories from $200 to $500. Or are you looking at a hardtop?

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
Anyone here have experience to share with this product ? I had a guy quote a custom SS davit with a solar panel braket for $ 5000.00 !!!!! Hey, the boat is only a 28 feet !!!
I think the Tower in a box would be more resonable but would like to have comment from people using it.
I can offer my 2 cents. I was a Tower builder (Aluminum and Stainless) for over 20 years. Atlantis Towers has been around for a long time.
The thing to remember is that Tower in a box has adjustable mounts, for the DIY. Meaning you slide in the mount and pin it or bolt it in place. I would recommend a welded mount. But that is just my opinion.

Aug 16, 2009
Hunter 1986 H31 California Yacht Marina, Chula Vista, CA
I wouldn't imagine having the foot mount welded to the arch before installation would be a big problem and I agree that makes for a much sturdier installation. . . . unless the pin mount is engineered, or de facto operates as a "break-away" device to save the transom in an emergency.

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
The pin is for fitting nothing else. Most mounting areas have compound angles, and if the products come in a box the only way to assure a proper fit is to have a adjustable mount. Thus the pin. However I noticed that the Davits are sold under a different name St. Couix, which are all Stainless. I am not familiar with that product.