At a Crossroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
It is time for me to part with my 25' swing keel. I am faced with challenges however and need some feedback please.

The situation:

Boat is on an undersized trailer in San Diego. It has a broken rudder which I cannot fix myself. I have not yet found a suitable replacement within my budget. The motor I have is brand new and I don't want to part with it. I would also like to keep the trailer for another boat.

The boat itself is in decent shape. Except for some minor cosmetic scratches above the water line and an aging topside. I completely rewired it a couple years back as well as replaced all standing rigging. 95% of running rigging was replaced. Sails are original but fair. Interior is clean with good cushions.

What would you guys do if you were in my topsiders?

Thanks,
Gerard

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Gerard

It is time for me to part with my 25' swing keel. I am faced with challenges however and need some feedback please.

The situation:

Boat is on an undersized trailer in San Diego. It has a broken rudder which I cannot fix myself. I have not yet found a suitable replacement within my budget. The motor I have is brand new and I don't want to part with it. I would also like to keep the trailer for another boat.

The boat itself is in decent shape. Except for some minor cosmetic scratches above the water line and an aging topside. I completely rewired it a couple years back as well as replaced all standing rigging. 95% of running rigging was replaced. Sails are original but fair. Interior is clean with good cushions.

What would you guys do if you were in my topsiders?

Thanks,
Gerard
Gerard,

Fix the damn rudder! And go sailing in a boat you know and have.

Ed K

Attachments

Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
Allright Ed K! I gave it some deep thoughts over a Dark 'n Stormy and you know what. . . i might just sail it down to La Paz. I found a potential source for a used rudder close by and I'm gonna go for it. Thanks for the kick

Status
Not open for further replies.