Asymetrical spinnaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noel

Hi! I just got an asymetrical spinnaker for my MacGregor 26S and I am soliciting rigging and sailing tips! Drop me a note. Thanks!

D

Doug T.

Archives

There are hundreds of posts about rigging and sailing asyms in the achives. I suggest you start there.

C

chris

Hunter 27

I bought a cruisign spinnaker for my h 27 about 4 mos ago. Here's what I did- I tied about 1.5 feet of line to each of 2 single blocks. This line I wrapped around my aft cleats pt and stbd. My sheets run all the way back,through these blocks, then fwd around my winches. I can tell you that I was thinking and had heard of lots of other ways but this was cheap and no new holes in the boat. My leech is only adjustable with the halyard. I had to get a sock to minimize the noise ( my wife screaming while I put up and douse the spinnaker)

T

Tony Re

"Is it a TRUE Asymetrical?"

I recently purchased a 1 1/5 oz. Asymetrical for my 40 Hunter from North Sails for about $4200. I already have a 1/2 oz spinnaker, a 3/4 oz spin, a 1 1/2 spin. so this Asymetrical is to TIE down aprox. 1 foot 6 inches to the windward side through the Spinnaker pole jaws ..with about a 3 foot pennet ..using the down hall. The sail is for REACHING for long periods of time. (purchase to race to HI from Victoria Ca. in the VIC-Maui. Then as wind changes direction ..you release the pole from toe rail .tied down previously ..and use it as a chiken soot .(Small heavy Spinnaker). If Air is lighter than 20 knts ..Blow the shoot.. and launch the 3/4 oz. By The Way ..all new shoots make alot of noise ..it is a good thing. When they get old .and loose the "crisp sound " they have lost alot of the power. What kind of cloth is your asymetrical made of? Poly ... Nylon, ...Banbridge 600 ?? Sounds like a Great sail .I LIKE The NOISE ..It is FAST!! Tony Re Shipper "Re-Treat" ..40 Hunter P.S. I race all year round with world class crew ..Won numerous regional races including First overall

Status
Not open for further replies.