Are these blocks rebuild-able?

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I'd contact Harkin directly about theirs. Perhaps they have repair (bearing?) kits.
The white could be rebuilt by drilling out the rivets and replacing the sheaves, then replacing the rivets with bolts, etc, but the question is whether your time is worth less than the cost of replacing them. Drilling S/S isn't easy and it can be time consuming and costly in drill bits if this is not something you are experienced at. If you mess up the drilling, you've wasted your time completely.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Measure the width of your track, most are 1" however prior to '85 Catalina used a unique 15/16 on the 22 and the cars were made by Merriman. In theory you could use any of the blocks shown, the first with springs are "stand-up" style, the last is a "low lead" from Garhauer if they fit the track. I've used the lowlead block on 1" tracks and don't believe it's available for 15/16 if required.
As Dave suggested search CD for genoa cars for the 22, they have one for a 15/16th track.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Other than the items mentioned above, I should think each block has a different load capacity. That would be what you'd base your choice on, IMO.

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
Here's a link to the C-22 15/16" car at Catalina Direct. If their price is a little steep for you, watch eBay for awhile. People part out C-22s fairly regularly, and if you watch for a few months, you might find a set.

Switching to more standard 1" track is another option (and would make finding cars easier). But that's a much bigger project...