Are there any drop in placements for Raymarine E80

Jan 17, 2018
Hunter 430 St Pete/s
I have an E80 working just fine. I have ST60 instruments and they are fine as well. I am wondering if there is a drop in replacement for the E80 so I don't have to replace the whole system.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Call Raymarine and I have C-80 they said newer chartplotters won’t work with my radar but should be ok
for other equipment but give them a call and they can tell you for sure.
I had my C-80 replaced with newer C-80 if interested do search for repair.
Nick

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
In short no , your E80 is seatalk 1 , everything new is NG network , however there is a converter you can buy seatalk1 to ng that will allow a new chartplotter to talk to all your equipment and as noted except radar. I kept my c80 for the radar and added a second axiom chartplotter

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017
Hunter H 41DS Hampton, VA
To replace my C80 with an Axiom 9" display I need a Raymarine analog to digital converter. Raymarine also makes retrofit bezels that are compatible so the new unit can slip right in the old openings. Your radar will need to be replaced with new digital radar however the new radars are wireless and Raymarine makes a converter so the old radar cable can be used to power the new Radar.

The new display is far superior.

Jul 6, 2017
Hunter H 41DS Hampton, VA
Once you have installed a new Axiom display you can use an iPad as a wireless remote chart plotter. Way cool.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Actually you can still go wireless remote with old style too , I use a nmea4wifi from www.vela-navega.com everything goes to my phone and tablet hooked into my C80 .