Are the water tank outlets accessible?

Jun 20, 2021
Catalina '83 30 SR Universal 5411 Arkansas River
I'm considering replumbing the fresh water system as preventative maintenance. The outlet on the starboard tank doesn't appear to be accessible without moving the tank. Thanks.

Feb 21, 2019
Catalina 30 TR 3571 Cocoa, FL
During some battery relocation work I remember noting some access capability from the batt box under the navstation. I want to say there was an access port on the inbd, fwd side of the box. I was focused on getting a pair of golf cart batts to fit the compartment at the time and didn't assess full potential of getting to that connection. If there's no port on your boat, cut a hole and put one in - easier than tank removal! Also the whole box may be removable (didn't pay that much attention either) which would probably be an easier path.

Jun 20, 2021
I'm an hour away from the boat but I've glanced up under the nav station before. I remember it being Very tight but I didn't climb into the battery compartment area to truly get a look for possible access. Thanks.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
On my 93 C30 the battery compartment is under the aft half of the starboard cabin bench. The water tank is under the forward half of the bench. The tank's water outlet is on the aft end of the tank forward of the battery compartment. It is a tight fit to get to the outlet. I cut the hose off the outlet valve and now cannot get a new hose back on. For now I'm just using the v-berth tank.

Jun 20, 2021
I finally started the project. All of the original vinyl tubing has been removed except for the hose connected to the starboard tank. Underneath the nav station, in the original battery compartment, there is a ~4" access hole. I can see the hose to tank connection through the hole but it's not accessible. It's also not accessible from below the quarter berth/under the nav station. My plan is to cut some of the plywood/fiberglass that holds the tank in place and lift the tank out from under the settee, attach the PEX and reinstall.
Almost all the other PEX line has been ran, no connections made yet. I'll try to post some pictures.

Feb 18, 2022
Catalina 36 Port Orchard
I finally started the project. All of the original vinyl tubing has been removed except for the hose connected to the starboard tank. Underneath the nav station, in the original battery compartment, there is a ~4" access hole. I can see the hose to tank connection through the hole but it's not accessible. It's also not accessible from below the quarter berth/under the nav station. My plan is to cut some of the plywood/fiberglass that holds the tank in place and lift the tank out from under the settee, attach the PEX and reinstall.
Almost all the other PEX line has been ran, no connections made yet. I'll try to post some pictures.
I will be replacing the vinyl in my boat here soon too, I’m interested to see how your setup has turned out.

Jun 20, 2021
I was able to do the job through the 4" access hole. Removed the old hose, changed the tank fitting and reinstall the new hose. Probably took an hour but it's done.