Arch Leak on 2004 - 46ftr

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlm

The aft stbrd SR is the recipient of a water leak caused by the arch connection to the deck. We have temporarily fixed the leak by coating the connection between the deck and the arch plate with sealer. I am not sure if we need to comletely remove the arch and reseal the leaking connection and reseal all other connections, or can we just loosen bolts on other connections and reseal the leaking connection. Thoughts?

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
I have some arch experience because we had to remove them for transport to the boat shows. Then reinstall. It is definitely a two person job. And not easy. But you will get the best results by at least getting it an inch off the deck at all junctures and resealing.

Forgot to ask if there is wiring at that corner. You will need a good bead of silcone around the perimiter but also at the wiring hole(s).

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I would suggest that you get some butyl tape. I think you will find it a better sealant for something like that arch than would tend to move (a lot). Assuming what Ed is telling you will work for you, you should be able to get some strong friends to assist you in lifting the arch while someone applies the butyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.