Arch/davit design for 473

Aug 13, 2014
beneteau 473 saltspring island
Hi, I want to put davits or an arch on the boat. I have an aluminum bottom 10.6 inflatable with a 15hp yamaha[78lbs.]. I will be putting one big solar panel on a tiltable/rotatable post on top. The question is to use weaver dinghy chocks and just tip it up, or go to an arch to incorporate solar,biminy,dinghy ?
Are there any pictures of where it attaches to deck or transom ? With the winches so far aft there isn't a lot of room to use the winch handle.
If I could see some base to deck pics that would help me to show the welder.
Thanks,
Derek

B473

Mar 8, 2014
I was watching this to see if anyone responded. We bought a 473 in April that needs just about everything to cruise. Including a way to carry a tender. Our last boat had a beautiful davit arch. It carried everything, antennas, radar, Sat TV antenna boat, grill....We want something similar
If you come up with an idea please send or post what you come up with. Thank You
Bill and Sali

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
My platform is often awash when sailing so I would not even consider a weaver mount and the potential for greenwater torquing the dink.

I have a 10.6 RIB, hanging on a set of Kato Marine davits. I can easily single-hand the dink + 10hp OB without use of a winch. They make both davits and arches for your boat. Follow that link to see pics. Fit'n'finish is EXCELLENT, the designs are impeccable, all marine stainless. Great small business. If I were to do it again, I would likely go with the arch because I ended up with a Kato radar pole, lift and antennae rack in addition to their davits.

Most salts will tell you to take your dink off the stern and bring it aboard when offshore, but I have never had a problem with my dink. Kato has a stabilizing system, and if you remove the OB offshore, it rides like a dream.

Rick I

Jan 6, 2007
CS36Merlin and Beneteau 393 - Toronto
When I ordered my 393 in 2004 I specified an arch as I had seen the Beneteau arch for the 423. It turned out that B did not have an arch for the 393 but the 423 arch would fit with a bit of shimming on the transom (the transom angles on 423 and 393 are different). So I have a 423 arch on my 393. I believe B had an arch for the 473 when they were introduced.

I carry a 10'06" AB Lite RIB with a 15hp Yamaha 2 stroke on the davits.

There was a lot of discussion (and pictures ) of the arch on the 393 site and, as B no longer had any in stock, a group got together and ordered the arch from the original Florida manufacturer as the price was much better than the 5 to 8K many had been quoted. Most of the pictures are in the "Breathless" folder on the site.

I would first contact B to see if they have any 473 arches in stock.