Aquilon 265/800 trailerable cat

Jun 7, 2017
Hunter 25.5 Jacksonville
Has anyone had any experience with an Aquilon 265? I’ve done some extensive google searching and have come up with some manufacture info on the cat but not many reviews, pros/cons.

Any help would be awesome!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Sailing magazine wrote a review

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You might have already seen this.

The definition of “trailerable” is stretching things a bit IMHO.

That webpage is from 1999. I guess it is an older boat? Or is it a new release and a sloppy web designer?

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
@rgranger
I googled Aquilon 26 and one of the hits was the review you posted and this was the other one. I just checked the website and it’s pretty clunky although they have listings for multi million dollar boats! The info on the 265 is probably just old dusty data that no one cleaned up, however it would still be relavant to something contemplating buying a used one.

Jun 7, 2017
Hunter 25.5 Jacksonville
Thanks y’all! Unfortunately I’ve see both of those, and have sifted through many many google sights on previous for sales.

there just doesn’t seem to be a lot of info for a boat that was built in the late 90s early 2000s.

Nov 6, 2021
Emerson 29 Michigan
Has anyone had any experience with an Aquilon 265? I’ve done some extensive google searching and have come up with some manufacture info on the cat but not many reviews, pros/cons.

Any help would be awesome!
Yes, what would you like to know?

Nov 6, 2021
Emerson 29 Michigan
There was one in the Racine Wis marina for 10 years and one at the end of dock A in Montrose Harbor for 6-8 years. I've sailed on and helped him do some minor repairs.

dsk435

Nov 19, 2021
aquilon 26 Chesapeake
Allow me to chime in. I owned an Aquilon 26. In fact, I was the southeast rep for the boat. I also knew the designer and builder of the boat. The major difference between the 26 and the 265 Is that the 26 had a gennaker and the 265 had a screecher. My boat was very fast. Depending on conditions, I could outrun an F-27. And could always keep up with them
Now for the bad part. The interior of the boat was put together with bathroom caulk and the boat started to fall apart. The boat has been out of the water for years. I am having it rebuilt. There was nothing like it when I bought it and there has been nothing like it since