Anyone tried Island Girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ivan Bekey

No, I don't mean a tropical female!! There have been recommendations on this site about using Island Girl Anti-Aging liquid hull life preservative. If the boat is less than 3 years old it is supposed to keep the hull looking like new for many years more. Before buying I would like to know whether anyone has tried it, and what your experience has been. I particularly want to know whether the stuff becomes gummy after a few years and becomes a pain to remove before it can be applied again, or a different surface preservative applied. I don't mind spending the $100 it costs if the stuff will do what it says and won't make it messy and hard to remove later on. Has anyone tried it?? Ivan Bekey H356 #157

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Contact IG!

Ivan: Contact IG, they have kits for new boats too. You should not have oxidation at this point in it life. You should just need to seal the non-skid and protect that new gelcoat. Different kit depending on the age of the vessel. It never gets gummy (I have been using it for over 5 years now).

M

Mike Pilolla

Using IG

We own a 2000 450 and have been using IG on the since 2001. I'm very happy with the product and the results. I've not seen any indication the product will or is becoming gummy. I know what you're talking about though. I used another product on a previous boat and it became a nightmare problem. The IG has done everything they say it will. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.