Anyone thinking of selling their 275?

Jun 26, 2021
Catalina 275 Lake Ontario
Hi! McIntyres here. Just joined the forum. We don’t have a boat yet, hoping to find a Catalina 275. We live in the Greater Toronto Area. Anyone, especially nearby, thinking of selling their 275?

Jun 6, 2016
Catalina 275 Wilmette, IL
Welcome to our forum. I'm considering an upgrade, but still struggling to find a replacement daysailor with a big cockpit. As far as I know, the three in Wilmette (Chicago) are not available for sale.

The C275 is an overweight slug, but friends in the cockpit are more important. Once you can cross the border, I'm sure one of us, including myself, would be willing to give a ride if you want a test sail. It's a nice boat as long as you can settle for not going fast.

Jun 26, 2021
Hi Codybear. Thank you so much for your offer of a test sail once the border opens! Much appreciated! We are not planning on racing, do want the options of friends in the cockpit or single-handed sailing. It seems that the Catalina 275 has got those nailed. Definitely do let us know if you find your replacement. :)

May 12, 2020
Catalina 275 Sport 31 Quincy Bay
Hi! McIntyres here. Just joined the forum. We don’t have a boat yet, hoping to find a Catalina 275. We live in the Greater Toronto Area. Anyone, especially nearby, thinking of selling their 275?
Hi There. I just purchased a 2016 model as a result of posting a very similar question last December. I have heard repeatedly that this boat is not fast. However, compared to my O'Day 22, it's a rocket. I'm also not interested in racing the boat. We daysail and like to have guests on board. I can tell you that the layout is perfect. The extra large cockpit is amazing and it's quite easy to single hand sail it. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.

Jun 6, 2016
I was thinking there may be some in Toronto because they tried to start one design racing there in 2014, which fizzled out. Doing a google search for: catalina 275 toronto, I did find someone renting one. Not cheap, but may be an option to test sail one without the travel.

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
Ever consider a Tes 28? You have a dealer in Toronto. IMO it’s one of the best trailerable boats ever made.

Jun 26, 2021
Thanks all for being so friendly and helpful! We have found a Catalina 275 nearby, on Lake Ontario, with an owner most likely willing to sell to us. He's prepping it for viewing and we are trying to find a surveyor (lots around, but COVID purchasing has them all very busy and many weeks out - still looking). Any specific items and/or cautions to be looking for in surveyor and survey? Sailavie1, funny you should mention TES; TES 678 was the boat we went to see at the yacht broker (immaculate condition, sold before we could offer). That yacht broker happens to be a Catalina dealer, hence introduction to the 275. Also, in case there are other Canadians wondering, Sailors Moving Sailors does not transport into Canada.

Jun 26, 2021
We nearly had a 275 to purchase on Lake Ontario quite close to us but it seems the seller was not yet ready to part with her. The only other 275s we could find were out of country. In the end, after looking at what was available in Canada, we purchased a very well cared for CS33.

Nov 3, 2021
Catalina C275 Woods Hole, MA
Just found this site. My husband and I bought our C275, Cygnet, new in 2015 from Eastern Yacht Sales in Portsmouth, RI. We have hull #3. We sail in the Woods Hole, MA area. She's been great for us for the reasons others of you have mentioned. We don't race and love the larger cockpit and ability to do overnights using the minimal galley and head. We're not ready to sell.

Jun 6, 2016
Hi Peggy, welcome to the site. I think this is the only reasonable place for fellow C275'ers to talk about our boats. Hope you enjoy what your fellow C275'ers have posted and certainly feel free to add. The big cockpit is certainly one of the best features of the C275.

Nov 8, 2021
catalina 275 vancouver
Hi all! I’m about to buy a new C275. I’m in BC. Looking to race locally and cruise. I expect to do lots of single handing. Any advice or tips? This forum is fantastic. So glad I found it!

Mar 11, 2014
Hi all! I’m about to buy a new C275. I’m in BC. Looking to race locally and cruise. I expect to do lots of single handing. Any advice or tips? This forum is fantastic. So glad I found it!
I single had all the time. I find I need to reef much earlier by my self than if I have crew. I'd suspect its two things, certainly having the weight on the rail and second as a single hander I use my tiller pilot a lot. If the wind is over 10-12 kts and I don't reef I find the pilot can't handle it... If I'm hand steering I can pump the tiller and keep the boat flat but the pilot doesn't have the responsiveness and travel that's needed... Simple solution, reef the sails... I was out and the wind was 12-15 few days ago and had no issue with the reef and hit 7.6 kts ... not bad IMO

Froudy

Apr 18, 2020
Catalina 275 Sag Harbor
Trying to let the forum know I plan to part with #29 as per the name of the forum. Was more direct but my post was removed

F260SS

Oct 7, 2020
Catalina 275 Sport Grapevine
What’s the current market value for a 2015 in great condition with trailer?

Jun 6, 2016
I'm interested in the answer as well as my 2014 C275 w/ trailer may be on the market next year.

Jun 6, 2016
Have a new daysailor being made in France, so my C275 is definitely on the market this spring. Need to take a few more pictures and it will be posted within a week. Anyone interested, you'll be able to google it. It will be the one in Kenosha, WI.