Anyone know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
I found this item on the boat and hope someone knows what it is. I have this haunting feeling that I should know. White plastic, looks like bone. As I write this, I am wondering if this unlocks the head and forward cabin doors...

Attachments

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
...fashioned into some kind of tool. We of Simenon ancestry have a habit of doing this.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
I had an Ulman mainsail that came with a similar tool made from batten material that was used to tension and fasten the batten pockets.

Jun 8, 2004
CS 27 - Nova Scotia (Pugwash)
Agree with Calf Ted... On sail there is velcro or ?? to hold the battens into the sail pockets. This is used to stuff the velcro tab inside the sail and likely will leave a string to pull to undo the velcro when time to remove battens..

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
Thanks. I'll look at the batten area. This piece is only a foot long and 1/2" wide so I wonder how much push I could get out of it.

Bad news is I'm off to Europe for 2-3 weeks (work, not play) and will be away from the boat for the longest span ever.

If I can't find a use for it I'll carve it into earrings...

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Looks like the "pusher tool" that inserts (and removes?) vertical battens. Those battens have a strip of sewn-in velcro and this is needed to put them in. Check with the sailmaker whose brand is on your sail.
Do you have these on a furling main?

Status
Not open for further replies.