Anyone installed Raymarine RV100 on a sailboat?

Apr 24, 2020
Hunter Cheribini 37 South Portland
Raymarine recommended two separate transducers on each side of the hull on my 37' sailboat for a thousand dollars more than the transom mount. I am considering the cheaper RV100 epoxied just aft of my keel with cable through the hull. Has anyone done this?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Why not use a standard Airmar through hull transducer? The transom mount transducers are really for planing hulls and to get the transducer into clear water to get accurate readings. If your hull is not cored, you can use a transducer mounted in side without any holes in the hull.

I would not drill a hole in the bottom of the boat to run a cable to a transducer. Also the location, behind the keel is a terrible spot. There will be turbulence in the water that will affect the accuracy of the transducer.

Apr 24, 2020
Hunter Cheribini 37 South Portland
I have a depth only transducer now. I would like to get the fancy side/3D vision if I can without spending a fortune.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I have a depth only transducer now. I would like to get the fancy side/3D vision if I can without spending a fortune.
I don't think that is possible.
And
What Dave said.

19thol

May 2, 2014
Hunter 30 St.Petersburg, Fl
My new Axiom came with one, I've been thinking of doin the same thing. So your not crazy, or at least alone.

Feb 11, 2022
Hunter 240 Lake Nockamixon
So I have a Hunter 240 and my Axiom 9 came with the RV-100. Has anyone had experience with this yet?