anyone have plans for new companion way doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt

I'm looking for plans for permanant (vertical opening) doors for the companionway on an H34. Anyone done that whom I could email or call? Another winter project b/c I stepped on my slats and snapped 'em during the snow storm recovery yesterday. Thanks.

R

Ron

Look at this site for ideas

Look at this site for info. Planning on same project, same model. I replaced my existing teak with KING STARBOARD which looks very nice and I don't have any maintenance problems. For this reaswon I may not switch back to teak verical doors. It is really nice to not worry about scratching or damaging the finish on teak.

G

Gary A.

Me Too!

I've been thinking about the same thing, so if anyone finds anything, share the wealth. Thanks, Gary

J

John Richard

Starboard

After seeing Bruce Mulford's design and finished product on his 410, I'm going to do the same on ours. Where can I get starboard? John Richard s/v Jack's Place

J

Joe O

Link for Teak-like starboard

See the link below. (Personally, I think this stuff looks ugly!) But beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

R

Ron

Plastek no, Starboard yes

I agree that the plastek is not the best solution. However, the starboard is great looking and there is no maintenance. Do not buy fromn West or BoatUS as they are very expensive. Go the the king Starboard website and look at the distributors like INTERSTATE PLASTICS OR LAIRD. This is where I bought a whole sheet for $350.00 that West wanted $950.00 for.

B

Ben

Installed on mine

I purchased teak doors from the Hunter Owners web. Company was Teak Concepts. A little tricky to install. I am not a good carpenter so I used a carpenter friend to install. Opening was not square so he disassembed and adjusted one unit to square up the pair. We love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.