Anyone have pics of mast lowering Bridle attachment?

MikeyJ

Dec 15, 2018
Hunter 23.5 Carlyle Lake
the top rail would be all right but I wouldn't use that cast aluminum piece. That would be a weak point and could easily break.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Hard to tell, but the extrusion of your furler looks like it is low - could be raised up so the top of the tubing is near where the forestay attaches to the mast. You may be missing a rubber or plastic cap that goes into the top of the furler tube and keeps it centered on the stay. I don't know what brand you have, but my Harken has a fitting above the furler drum that clamps onto the extrusion, keeping it from sliding down. You could try loosening that and sliding the extrusion up a bit, but not so it jams against the mast so it can't turn. Or maybe yours is fixed to the top of the drum and by raising the extrusion the drum moves up too. If you have webbing (a form of "soft tang" to let the drum raise up above the deck) you can try that, but it seems to me the bottom of the drum would have to be fixed from rotating. Best to have someone who knows how to set up your furler brand take a look. Or post more photos here, including good shots of the drum and how it attaches.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Also, check the stay wire where it enters the fitting at the top - your photo looks like it may be crimped or bent a bit as it exits the fitting, may be OK but may also be an issue.