Anyone have a wiring diagram for a '25?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave West

I just got a 1982 MacGregor 25. The previous owner was strictly a daysailor. I would like to restore the original wiring, but don't have a clue where to start. Other early owners have all made their mark on the electrical system and I am left with mysterious holes, switches and dangling wires ... lots of them. Anything would help, but I'm really looking for a wiring schematic and some specifcations or guidelines regarding battery size, cable runs and wire gauge. Thanx ...

M

Martin Stephani

Electrical system - Mac 25

Dave, I also have a Mac 25, and when I bought her, I was horrified to find all the wires from the poorly positioned electrical panel laying in the bilge! I put in a new panel mounted high on the front bulkhead enclosing the head. All wiring is now as high as possible out of the bilge with the exception of the battery and battery cables. I found it easier to run all new wiring and making my own wiring diagram. I put in a six circuit panel instead of the three that MacGregor put in the boat initially. I use a DC-27 deep cycle wet cell battery, and it does the job for me. Most of my sailing is during the day, and so the drain is minimal -- depth finder and UHF. Also, I changed the battery hold-down arrangement by putting in a battery tray attached to the bilge with epoxy and screws to make getting the battery in and out a lot easier. Best of luck. Marty

M

Martin Stephani

Wiring Diagram - Mac 25

Dave, It's been a while since I fired up the net. I was surprised to find that no one else responded to your request. I looked through my Mac stuff and low and behold, I came across a copy of the wiring diagram of my 25. It takes a minute to digest, but it is a diagram. I'd be happy to shoot a copy to you via snail-mail, but I'll need an address to send it to. You can contact me at swingkeel@juno.com -- hope this might help you, and look forward to hearing from you. Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.