Anyone bought marine binoculars recently?

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Would like to buy some image stabilizing binoculars, but most seem outrageously expensive.

Has anyone bought a pair recently with good luck (and not too expensive)?

Oct 29, 2008
Beneteau 37 Wilmington,DE
Bought some Steiners the other day at West Marine for about $300 and they are superb, much better than the West Marine Tahiti brand

DougMc

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 36 Erieau Ontario
Try looking a place that sells bird watch binoculars or hunting supplies. Most of the marine ones are over priced old technology or just gimmicks. Nikon makes some good water proof ones. I researched for awhile. I bought some Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 on discontent for $250. Highest rated for the price.

Dec 2, 2012
Pearson 39-2 New London
I purchased a pair of reconditioned Nikon Stabilized Binoculars a couple of years ago at the Defender warehouse sale. They were still about $1000. Later that summer, my wife and I were sailing in Narragansett Bay, RI for about an hour before I realized my dingy wasn't following us like it should have been! Stupid, I know. We backtracked our way back into Bristol Harbor, where our trip began, while searching the horizon the entire time with the binoculars. The stabilization was awesome!!!!!! I finally found the bow of my dingy sticking out of some marsh grass to the east side of Bristol Harbor. I firmly believe the investment in stabilized binoculars paid for itself that day.

Aug 8, 2006
Catalina 34 Naples FL
Steiners has a site where you can buy open box and refurbished binoculars at big discounts. Just google steiners refurbished binoculars. I bought an open box pair about $200 off.

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Terry,
Great choice.
Bought a pair and love them.

Chris