Anybody own a 26T?

Nov 24, 2013
columbia t-26 north carolina
I bought a 1976 Columbia 26t last September and have had her out a few times. I absolutely love the boat. I just wondered if there is anyone who has a good deal of experience with this model of boat? I would love to hear about handling characteristics and anything "negative" to watch out for. I am looking forward to spending a lot of time on the water this year and want to learn all I can about her. Thanks for any information.

Feb 13, 2014
columbia 45 motorsailer newport beach, ca.
The Columbia 26 T is a great day sailor. The biggest drawback I can think of is that being a shallow draft trailer sailor, it doesn't really have enough depth of keel to do well in to the wind. She will drift to lee more than if she had a better keel. Just remember that all sailboats are a compromise. A nice trailer boat & easy to launch but is a little short in up wind performance.
Doug Ward

Nov 24, 2013
columbia t-26 north carolina
Thanks Doug. I completely understand. It would be nice to have both worlds! I have noticed that it doesn't point all that great but certainly well enough for my needs. I love the cabin space though. Thanks very much for your input.