Any skip jack 15 owners?

Jibes

May 4, 2015
Lockley Newport Skipjack 15 Trailered
I just bought a Skipjack 15 last week. Looking forward to getting it on the water.

Aug 8, 2013
Catalina 22 Scituate
Congrats! I'm refinishing one right now and hope to have it ready in a week or so. I think mine is a 73'. Painted to hull, ready to move to the deck.

image-1379312045.jpg

I've only came across one other person who has one of these, thankfully he was a lot so answer a bunch of questions. Send a picture of your boat if you have one

Attachments

Jibes

May 4, 2015
Lockley Newport Skipjack 15 Trailered
Here Is my boat. Been sailing mostly keelboats and have not sailed a cb in years. Looking forward to getting back into the water with one.

Attachments

Aug 8, 2013
Catalina 22 Scituate
Looks good. I have a stone horse 23 for cruising and picked this one up to teach the kids and have a more mobile boat for us. I see your deck has a lip around it on the inside, mine is straight, must have had some design changes over the years. I do have the owners manual for a Newport surprise which is very similar if you want it.

image-319164533.jpg

jroyal

Dec 22, 2014
Newport Skipjack 15 Titus, AL
Congrats! I'm refinishing one right now and hope to have it ready in a week or so. I think mine is a 73'. Painted to hull, ready to move to the deck.
I was recently fortunate enough to be given my first sailboat. It is a Skipjack 15 as well. Not sure of year but mine is similar. I like the black hull. I went with that as well!

Attachments

jroyal

Dec 22, 2014
Newport Skipjack 15 Titus, AL
Mine was missing the centerboard and I had to fabricate a new one. Can someone take some closeups to show my how it is rigged to allow it to be pulled up? Thanks so much! Jeff

Aug 27, 2018
Newport Skipjack Brunswick, ME
Hello All. Just bought a well-used Skipjack 15. Probably could figure it out, but bought the boat out of the water and with all rigging removed, so sure could use a manual or photos to help getting it set up properly. In particular, how the main and jib sheets are set up, and also the centerboard lift and hold-down. Also, also advice or photos of any mast crutch folks have devised -- the trailer has none so it looks like i will need to build my own. Thanks!

Jun 7, 2020
Newport Skipjack15 263 Trailer boat.
Here’s a Skipjack15 my uncle gave to my cousin who then gave it to me. I spent a couple of years refurbishing her. She was in bad shape. The mainsail, some of the hardware, and rudder are new otherwise most everything is original. My father, uncles, and half my cousins were in the USCG hence the new colors. I’ve taken detailed pics of the rigging if anyone wants it.

Attachments

RGS

Feb 25, 2008
Fisher 30 Dymer Creek
I've had a Skipjack 15 (Hull #232) sitting in my pasture here on the Chesapeake for years. Bought it with a friend who jumped ship before we could begin the restoration. The hull looks grungy but is solid. The mast, boom, and sails (original Dabbler) are okay. Some standing rigging needs to be replaced. Centerboard looks to be original. Rudder has some damage but hardware is solid. The trailer has too much rust to ever go on the road. I've been thinking about donating to the local NPR station but haven't yet. Any suggestions from this group regarding disposition or value would be appreciated.
I have pictures, but they are too large to upload to the server.