Any seaplane experts here?

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Jimmy Buffet flew an Albatross

Now it is an attraction at one of his restaurants.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I got to tour it
And you still can tour it. It has a place of honor at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville OR. It serves to inspire future pilots and engineers.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Good thing it only landed once after 500ft of flight:)
You want the number of landings to equal the
And you still can tour it. It has a place of honor at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville OR. It serves to inspire future pilots and engineers.
Thanks for posting that reminder John. It probably doesn't get as much traffic as Long Beach, but it's worth the time when in Oregon. Quite a feat. Good or bad, if Hughes hadn't been so meticulous it might have seen service.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
When I flew the HU-16 in the Coast Guard it was affectionately known as a "Goat". Most of them were in the bone yard at Tucson by '75-'76 and could be bought for around $20,000 according to some fellow I meet at a Lake Mead splash-in in '88. They have a very stiff wing which makes for a rough ride :puke:. The landing gear had about 6 joints with hydraulic cylinders on each one and extended/retracted slowly and unevenly and you always got it down early so the flight mechanic could check all the locks. On search missions there was enough fuel for more than 9 hours plus IFR reserves, which equaled leave before sun up and return after sun down in the winter on search missions.:(