Any S2 5.5 left out there

rsafr

Apr 19, 2010
S2 5.5 Grand Slam Lake Allatoona
Thanks Cheryl. Sorry for my delay. Been busy with work and slowed down a bit by a herniated disc. My email is rsafr@yahoo.com
Let me know if its okay to email a copy of the manual / spec sheet or I can copy and mail.
Thanks

rsafr

Apr 19, 2010
S2 5.5 Grand Slam Lake Allatoona
Next question for the S2 5.5 members out there. On my 5.5, I have found that on the port side where the top of the cuddy cabin meets the deck, there is now a gap that has developed. It starts near the door and is an estimated 1/2" and then continues forward for about 12 inches gradually getting smaller. It appears that the original seam was caulked. I believe I can clean this out and apply new sealant. Do I need to worry about any need to do a more structural fix like bolts and nuts or a rivet in the flange inside the cabin area first?
Thanks for any insight.
Rich

felbz

Oct 5, 2016
S2 5.5 and 6.7 Barnum Bay, Rome WI
I have a S2 5.5 and a S2 6.7. The 5.5 is my first boat purchased in 2008 which I still trailer sail. The 6.7 is kept in a slip at Barnum Bay on Petenwell Lake in Wisconsin.
What sold me on the 5.5 was the motor mount. My fear prior to learning how to sail was how to get back if the wind quit.
The 5.5 size, ease of stepping the mast, and stability makes it a great boat to learn on. I am glad there are others still out there.
Felbz