Any recommendations for a 299 A/C system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
Can anyone recommend a good air conditioning/heat setup for a 299. I am in SC and the 12000 btu portable I put in last week is failing miserably.

P

Paul

Try this link for AC

See this link. They have several options. You will need to have your boat on the hard for install. If your not mech. inclinded you will need assistance. Plan & budget accordingly. Fair winds, Paul

L

len

some things to try

I have a permanent 12000btu a/c installed on my S29.9. It does well until the outside temp gets above 92 then it starts to loose ground. When that happens, shading the cabin with a tarp awning usually does the trick. There are a couple of things that you can check. Is the unit operating properly? An easy way to check this is to measure the temperature drop across the cooling coil. All you need is a fairly accurate thermometer. Measure the temp of the air coming out and then the temp of the air going into the unit. Get the thermometer as close to the coil as possible. The difference should be between 15 to 20 degrees. If not the unit is not operating properly. Make sure that the supply (cold)air is blowing out and not just recirculating back in to the return. This is a common problem with portable units. Some deflectors might help. Shading the outside portion of the unit also can help. Hope this helps Len

Status
Not open for further replies.