Any new owners of the recent Hunter 22?

Clark

Jun 30, 2004
Hunter 280 Lake Guntersville, AL
Just curious to learn what people think of the new model. I like that Hunter went back to FRP but thought they could have changed the mast arrangement. Looks like it would be tough to seal if you keep the mast up.

Jun 28, 2004
Hunter 22 ten mile tennessee
I bought one of the new 22s last fall, but the weather closed in and I was only able to sail it a couple of times. I think it is a super fun boat. Lots of sail adjustments and very nice quality fittings, blocks, etc. I bought a Honda 5HP four stroke for it. As I see it, the main problem with water coming into the cabin is the fact that it mostly enters through the mast head. That is if you seal around the mast well. Also the new ones have a small float pump with battery that pumps out any water over about a half inch in the bilge.

All in all a fun boat, great day sailer. fast. etc. See the pics on the Hunter web site of Steve Pettingale in St. Augustine. He's Hunter's test driver.

Lastly, I'm in Knoxville. Where are you?

John

Clark

Jun 30, 2004
Hunter 280 Lake Guntersville, AL
I bought one of the new 22s last fall, but the weather closed in and I was only able to sail it a couple of times. I think it is a super fun boat. Lots of sail adjustments and very nice quality fittings, blocks, etc. I bought a Honda 5HP four stroke for it. As I see it, the main problem with water coming into the cabin is the fact that it mostly enters through the mast head. That is if you seal around the mast well. Also the new ones have a small float pump with battery that pumps out any water over about a half inch in the bilge.

All in all a fun boat, great day sailer. fast. etc. See the pics on the Hunter web site of Steve Pettingale in St. Augustine. He's Hunter's test driver.

Lastly, I'm in Knoxville. Where are you?

John
We keep our 280 at a marina just North of Guntersville. Used to be called The Anchorage but changed hands several years ago and is now called The Lake Guntersville Resort and Marina. I think the stuff on Hunters web site on the 22 is really nice. I'm always looking to upgrade from my old Capri 22 but prices for the new Hunter gives me pause :doh: