Any Info on this Columbia 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cap'n Dave

I am looking at what is being represented as a 1978 Columbia 28. However, I have been unable to find any info anywhere online about this particular model. Even the Columbia website showing all of the models didn't show this one. Can anyone take a look at the photo and tell me about the boat? Thanks!

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Check the HIN and

google "hull identification numbers." It will tell you everything you need to know about the boat and her parents.

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
Eric White may know.....

The entire Columbia Yacht Owners Association list has been trying to figure out what that boat is...so far no luck. The Serial number doesn't match anything I've ever seen ....Eric White may know..he's pretty much the expert. contact him here.... Eric White (ewhite@columbia-yachts.com)

S

Stephen Scott

That boat is junk! Rin away fast!

That boat is complete junk. Very dangerous. Do not get involved with it in any way. Give me theexact location and the owners name and I will go deal with it personally. stephen

C

Casual Reader

Junk quote questioned, what gives?

Question I have is how and why this poster (Stephen Scott) would say this? He claims, by giving none of the facts which give rise to his opinion, to be an expert, but why would I or anyone agree that he is? The boat photo looks suspiciously like the photo of a Columbia 25 that I saw posted on ebay. What gives? Does anyone else agree with or believe Stephen, or disagree with him, based on the photo only? Or was the posting just a joke, (not funny) where Stephen was just taking a jab at the original poster seeking information?

G

gary

columbia 28

AS THE OWNER OF A COLUMBIA 28, THE FOTO YOU SHOW IS NOT ONE, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE IS BUT SHE IS NOT A COLUMBIA 28. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY SAILING.

Status
Not open for further replies.