Any Boats Available on the East Coast

Mar 11, 2014
I've owned 4 Catalinas since the mid 80s, a 27, a 30 and Cat 22 and a Capri 22. Dorian took the Capri out and I'm thinking of replacing it with a 275. Given how few were built there aren't many available.. and the dealers doesn't have any in stock to even take a close look at it. And as far as I can tell, Catalina doesn't plan on having a 275 at the boat shows... Looking for thoughts from this group on ways I can go and see a boat and if you're aware of any for sale... East coat Charleston is my port.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It looks like they are being built in the Catalina Plant in FL. You could order one and go sail her back to NC. Nice little shakedown cruise and adventure.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Here's one in Annapolis. The ad is 3 months old, but still open. 2020 New Catalina 275 Sport Racer and Cruiser Sailboat For Sale - Annapolis, MD

Here's one in Atlanta, no post date. I suspect this is a brokerage posting designed more to generate inquiries, but they may actually have this boat for sale still.
2016 Catalina 275 Sport used boat for sale - boatersresources.com

Here's one being offered in Virginia. 2020 Catalina 275 Sport Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Good luck.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
If you move up in size the options improve tremendously. The devil told me to say that.

Mar 11, 2014
Here's one in Annapolis. The ad is 3 months old, but still open. 2020 New Catalina 275 Sport Racer and Cruiser Sailboat For Sale - Annapolis, MD

Here's one in Atlanta, no post date. I suspect this is a brokerage posting designed more to generate inquiries, but they may actually have this boat for sale still.
2016 Catalina 275 Sport used boat for sale - boatersresources.com

Here's one being offered in Virginia. 2020 Catalina 275 Sport Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Good luck.

-Will (Dragonfly)
The dealers I have spoken with don't have any to show... And Catalina didn't even bring one to the Boat show this weekend in Annapolis... Seems like they have moved on to bigger boats

Jun 6, 2016
Catalina 275 Wilmette, IL
Yes, any enthusiasm for the C275 has waned just as Catalina experienced with the C270. So don't expect to find it at a boat show. But for a 27' daysailor, I really like the configuration. 2k lbs. lighter would have been nice but that's expecting way too much out of Catalina. If my boat sank tomorrow, it's quite probable I would end up with a C275 again.

Anyway, I haul my boat in two weeks if you want to trek to Chicago for a sail. Temperature is about to drop but for the most part the wind is expected to be offshore, so it will be dry and tolerable.

Mar 11, 2014
Yes, any enthusiasm for the C275 has waned just as Catalina experienced with the C270. So don't expect to find it at a boat show. But for a 27' daysailor, I really like the configuration. 2k lbs. lighter would have been nice but that's expecting way too much out of Catalina. If my boat sank tomorrow, it's quite probable I would end up with a C275 again.

Anyway, I haul my boat in two weeks if you want to trek to Chicago for a sail. Temperature is about to drop but for the most part the wind is expected to be offshore, so it will be dry and tolerable.
Appreciate the offer, I have a line on one in Fla that I'm going to inspect this weekend... if you have anything I should pay extra close attention to I'd appreciate the advice... it is a 2017

Jun 6, 2016
I suspect that most dealers are offering the boat without actually having one in stock.

Nothing jumps out at me as an expected fatal manufacturing flaw in the C275. Especially, one that is only 2 years old. I've done my best to identify the items Catalina could have done better and those flaws, you should expect to come with the boat. If they don't, a bonus for you. It's possible that I have missed documenting something, but nothing has been the end of the world or at least, not fixable. Too lazy to review the "problems" thread, but I'm thinking that the bulkheads in the middle of the boat could have been adhered better to the cabin top. Some properly inserted 3M 5500 would take care of the problem, but it hasn't been a big enough problem for me to commit the time.

Hope it works out. If you liked your Capri 22, you're going to love the C275. I doubt you will ever look back. As a 13 year Capri 22 owner, I'm very happy to have made the upgrade.

Jun 6, 2016
Shipping? You always have the east coast. I trailered mine from Fla to Ill behind a vehicle that shouldn't have done it. Didn't have to worry about falling asleep on that drive.

Hopefully, you can work/negotiate out your concerns. Did you get a chance to sail it?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Glad @Codybear jumped in with some actually helpful advise. I agree it’s a very solid little boat; I’ve recommended several people look into them. it IS on the heavy side for sure, a death blow for anyone looking for an actual sport boat. But for a sporty boat that’s unlikely to bite you, it’s hard to go wrong.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I liked this boat too, but wife wanted a cruiser and comfort. I saw this add, price drop from factory new is pretty :yikes:.