Any advice re: a swim ladder for a 2011 26M? There's no way I'm getting up that itty bitty ladder by the transom

Apr 19, 2021
MacGregor 26M Lake Hartwell, SC
My husband and I just purchased a 2011 MacGregor 26M, and we were wondering what other people have done re: the swim ladder situation. I'm 55, and the hubs is 59, and although he's a lot more nimble than I am, I don't think that tiny swim ladder is going to do it for us.

We're looking for something removable, but stable. I've looked at removable gunwale-mounted ladders, sport/dive ladders off the transom, etc.

Any recommendations re: the ladder and mounting hardware?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
And the engine is also in the way!

I don’t have a good suggestion, but I have looked at the 26M and noticed the small ladder.

You may have to purchase something like this and hang it over the side somewhere...

Greg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Here is what you need

It telescopes so stows away.

Garelick Over-Platform 6 Step Wide Telescoping Ladder

Apr 19, 2021
MacGregor 26M Lake Hartwell, SC
Here is what you need

It telescopes so stows away.

Garelick Over-Platform 6 Step Wide Telescoping Ladder
Yeah, I've seen those, but where would you mount it? If you mounted it on the gunwale, you run the risk of it getting crushed up against a dock.

Nov 30, 2020
Macgregor 22 Dania, FL
You may be best off with the ladder that hooks over the gunwale. It's what my wife and I use. Both sizeable people. Don't forget to tie a line on it so it doesn't go off by itself.

Chip V.

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
Bought a stainless folding ladder from Blue Water Marine in Seattle. Substantial.