any 310 Catalina owners in Puget Sound/Salish Sea?

May 15, 2015
Marlow-Hunter 31 Everett, WA
I currently own a Hunter 280 and am looking for a 310 or 320 Catalina. I've seen several 320s but haven't had the opportunity to view a 310 "in the real." I've found what appears to be a 310 in excellent condition, great ownership history, etc., but it's several hundred miles away. My wife and I would ideally like to first see a 310 closer to home, before purchasing plane tickets to see the one for sale.

I know this is a weird request, but I'm wondering whether anyone out there would be willing to give us a tour of their 310? We live north of Seattle and could easily drive anywhere from Olympia to Vancouver BC. If interested and willing, I'm happy to send my bio and other identifying information beforehand.

Thanks!

Matt

Aug 29, 2016
Catalina 2004 310 (Hull #250) BC
Hi Matt

On Yachtworld I think I see 2 310's in BC : Nanaimo, Kelowna.
However, Paul is selling his 310 "Tess" in Anacortes right now...really near you!
I'm in Vancouver if that helps...
Cheers
Bernie

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Ours is in Campbell River. Paul has lots of photos of all the mods he has done and other it will be a big lost to us as he has information with photos.

May 15, 2015
Hey thanks... I had heard from a broker that "Tess Too" in Anacortes had sold, but the web site doesn't indicate that, so we'll check that out for sure. Wasn't aware of the one in Nanaimo, so thanks for that as well. The one we're interested in is the one in Kelowna--we'd like to see one closer to home before heading all the way up there.

Would still love to hear from anyone who owns a 310 in the greater Seattle area and wouldn't mind showing it to us.

Matt

Aug 29, 2016
Catalina 2004 310 (Hull #250) BC
Matt,

That one in Kelowna looks sweet - well equipped (radar, folding Lewmar wheel, heating) , nice touches (custom galley counter covers, cockpit hump seat etc.) and in fresh water. I noticed that it has the old original Charles battery charger, so that is a definite expense you'll want to budget to swap out....it's a battery killer that Charles. The inverter also looks suspect. My preference was for a deep keel rather than the shallower keel that it has, but looks worth a drive up if you're serious.
I spotted the listing some time ago and contacted my buddy who is a member of the Kelowna yacht club to check it out but that didn't happen.
PM me if you're up this way.
Keep us posted!

B

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
FYI, there are two Catalina Rendezvous during the season: May, Roche Harbor; July, Telegraph Harbour on Thetis Island.

Happy hunting.

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Wife and I go to the Roche Harbor Rendezvous as Apr/May has good sailing weather and its only 125 nm from Campbell River. We take our time and make it a 3-4 week trip.

May 15, 2015
Re: Bernie's comment about the 310 for sale in Kelowna ("My preference was for a deep keel rather than the shallower keel that it has"). How concerned about a shoal keel should I be for use in Puget Sound/Salish Sea? From what I've read, performance in certain situations might be negatively affected slightly (pointing ability of the boat by a couple of degrees, maybe need to reef a little sooner?), but overall stability should not be affected. Is this accurate for the 310? I've only ever had a deep, fin keel.

I did some sleuthing and located a 310 in Kingston, WA, very close to my home. Learned this through a previous owner of a very nice 310 that sold in August, which I narrowly missed out on (appeared on Craigslist on a Friday afternoon and had sold by Saturday morning!).

Matt

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Re: Bernie's comment about the 310 for sale in Kelowna ("My preference was for a deep keel rather than the shallower keel that it has"). How concerned about a shoal keel should I be for use in Puget Sound/Salish Sea? From what I've read, performance in certain situations might be negatively affected slightly (pointing ability of the boat by a couple of degrees, maybe need to reef a little sooner?), but overall stability should not be affected. Is this accurate for the 310? I've only ever had a deep, fin keel.

I did some sleuthing and located a 310 in Kingston, WA, very close to my home. Learned this through a previous owner of a very nice 310 that sold in August, which I narrowly missed out on (appeared on Craigslist on a Friday afternoon and had sold by Saturday morning!).

Matt
I will show you Tess Too if you want to see it send me a PM

paulj