Anti freeze question

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Upon getting the boat off the hard, it was winterized and de-winterized by the marina, prior to leaving we always do "Checks", upon doing so we found in the bilge area underneath the engine-which drains nowhere, we found about a pint or so of anti freeze. with NONE in the overflow bottle. It appeared as if there were no cracks or loose hoses on the bottle to the engine. The anti-freeze in the engine was full. I ran the engine until it got to temperature but it did not get beyond 160 degrees. I took the radiator cap and got that tested and it was fine. So anyone have any thoughts?
The marina says when they pressurized the system that is why it ended up below.??
HELP!

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
It is inevitable for some fluid to find its way into the engine bilge if they pressurized the system as it isn't a sealed loop. Dry it up and watch for leaks seems like a prudent thing to do always so have fun and enjoy your season.
I hesitate to add the obvious - if you don't trust them, which I don't, 'trust but verify' seems a reasonable course with any marina yard guys just like it is for Iran.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Hoses will shrink over the winter and you can leak antifreeze that way. If the bottle holds antifreeze and you aren't overheating I wouldn't worry too much. If you start over heating the issue might be air in the system from the same connections that leaked. Did you make sure the thermostat housing is not air bound?

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
The thermostat opened up to get the engine to 160 degrees temp which is what I normally run at.
I will put more anti freeze in the bottle and watch it!
Thanks guys...
and also at $84 per hour labor rate they do NOT move fast so I do try to watch them!