Anti-Fouling

Mar 11, 2015
Tattoo 26 Dubai
My boat is a new Tattoo 26 and I will be storing it in a marina year round. How often do you have to get the anti-fouling redone?

May 19, 2014
Tattoo 26 Brookville Lake, IN
My boat is a new Tattoo 26 and I will be storing it in a marina year round. How often do you have to get the anti-fouling redone?
We had the bottom painted before launching this year, but we have always pulled the boat out of the water and stored on land over the winter (Ohio/Indiana). Our marina owner thinks the bottom paint will last 5 years with our current practice, maybe 3 years if we decide to keep her in the water year round (heated marina).

Mar 11, 2015
Tattoo 26 Dubai
Thanks you for the information. I have asked some people and on a couple of threads and it seems about once a year here in Dubai is needed if you store it in the water year round. Take care.

May 13, 2011
Beneteau 235 Concord Yacht Club, TN
It is my understanding that if you plan to leave a boat in the water all year round and just take it out occasionally to wash, etc. you need to apply a barriar coat like Interlux 2000E and then apply the bottom paint like Interlux Micron Extra. The 2000E prevents blisters and the Micron Extra is a blative bottom paint.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I have owned a Hunter and a Beneteau and am just now getting a MacGregor 26X. Perhaps MacGregor's don't blister anyway. But I don't know. I understand the new Tatto's us a material that doen't blister.