Antenna Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2005
Catalina 22 Cedar Creek Lake, Tool, TX
I am wanting to install an AN/FM radio in my Catalina 22. There is a hole in the cabin left from the PO where a radio had been installed. I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row before I make any purchases. My question is where to locate the radio antenna. I do not want to make any new holes in my boat. Do you guys/gals have any suggestions? Thank you...................Robert

M

Michael Mangione

Antenna

I had a Catalina 22 and a regular car antenna worked fine. You can route the antenna to the interior shevles and mount inside. If you really don't want to see the antenna, you can get one of those antennas that are a thin wire attached to adhesive tape. This works well too and hides easily. Fair Winds, Mike

Feb 9, 2004
- - -
Masthead or stern rail

Hi Robert - You can either get one of those 3' SS antennas with an L bracket and mount it on the masthead, or you can get a 4' white antenna with a rail mount and install on your aft pulpit. Just a couple ideas. A handheld is a good backup. Best, Trevor

Dec 2, 2003
Catalina 350 Seattle
Short

Take a look at the short, flexible, replacement auto stereo antennas that you can get for a song at any autoparts store. You might even be able to hide it inside the bulkhead where you are mounting your stereo. Another thought is that West Marine sells a am/fm antenna that actually just turns out to be a wire with an appropriate connector for attaching to the radio - extremely easy to hide one of those. It probably will all depend upon how strong the signals are in your local area. Good Luck! Tim Brogan April IV C350 #68 Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.