Another side to cruising.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Been over a month since I last posted and it has been a doozie!
A cardiac event, professionally and skillfully handled by the staff at the hospital in St. George's, an air ambulance to Boston, a month in the hospital there, and I'm back, like a bad penny.
Not going to be able to return to the Caribbean, so our much loved Skipping Stone will be going on the market, and we may move to the dark side, a trawler.
If anybody wants details about air ambulances, I think we explored every avenue, so don't hesitate to contact me.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Great news to hear you are back and healthy again.:dancing:
Sad to hear that your Skipping Stone will no longer carry you and your crew to the islands you enjoy. :(
Trawlers are on the water. That is a good thing. Not a Dark thing.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Glad to hear you made it through OK @capta but sorry to hear about having to sell Skipping Stone. Hopefully it won't be long before you find your next boat.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Double ouch!!! :facepalm:

Dang it. Who is going to give feed back, to the Weather Forum, on the Antilles?

________
My "Cardiac Event" in 2013, is good to go now , thus I bought my boat in 2014.
That had the opposite effect on me.
Sail Sail Sail...
_____
You are one of my favorite posters on SBO!!

Glad you are ok.
Jim...

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Welcome back Capta. Anything is better than pushing up daisies. Do what works best for you regardless.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Thanks for recovering, SBO is my favorite place on the Web, in part because of you.

Reading that you plan to give up sailing is sad, reading that you plan to stay connected to the sea is good. Just keep in mind that there are sailing trawlers and motorsailers and all it takes to set or reef a sail now adays is the push of a button, with the right rig.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
i know aria quite well. aeolus is in the building she was built in right now. many friends crewed on her for many seasons. i thought she was 92' long. she was built to cruise the north channel and georgian bay and she did. she was as well known as evinrude's vessel up their. a PJ's masterpiece for sure.