Another battery charger question

Feb 4, 2016
Hunter 27-3 Lake Lewisville, TX
New to me H27 2008. Turned on the battery charger at AC panel today, first time, and the charger buzzes/rattles. Is this normal? Original charger mounted in engine compartment. Worried about leaving it turned on. Chargers for other boats I owned were noiseless.

Feb 4, 2016
Promariner ProTech 1220i
I've attached videos where I captured the noise inside and outside the engine compartment. I think this is not normal. Your thoughts please. Uploaded to Youtube because of size.

cold sound:
warmed up sound from aft cabin.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Sounds like maybe the cooling fan is messed up. Maybe something got stuck in the blades?

Feb 4, 2016
Thanks. I'll remove the panel and see if I can look at the fan. Maybe dirt daubers.

Feb 4, 2016
Finally got an answer from the Protech folks and they confirmed that I should replace the OEM battery charger. Unfortunately the 1220i model is no longer produced. I stepped down to the 10 amp version of the new replacement charger, a Pronautic 1210P. Murphy strikes again and this charger an easy replacement wiring wise is too large for the original inside the bulkhead mounting. After much thought I mounted it on the outside next to the battery A/B switch, opposite its original mounting location. Here is a pic.

Attachments