Annapolis Catalina Cup Challenge (NOODS)

Feb 21, 2017
Catalina 445 Herrington Harbor South
A very strong possibility exists that the Annapolis NOODs may include a Catalina Class, Next May 15 - 17, 2020, we are imagining one pursuit start Navigators course that would be the first start and finish later in the afternoon. The NOODs and North Sails have already made contact supporting the effort. We are thinking of calling it a Big Boat challenge keeping PHRFs with in 100 and will use the 350 and up as a definition of a big boat, most likely we will use east coast PHRF rating.
We have a trophy (the plan to recycle an old cup, 1911) and will create a modification for a perpetual cup. I would like to call it the Catalina Cup, or Catalina Big Boat Cup or something of the sort.

If interested please let me know (445velocity@gmail.com) North, NOODs and Velocity Racing will do all the rest.

Finally, this date coincides with the return of the Snowbirds and we expect at least four 445s.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I'm curious why they/you would want to spin off a separate class for Catalinas when you could just sail in one of the two (spin / non-spin) NS Rally races and award the trophy to the top Catalina finisher. More boats in a fleet makes for better more rewarding racing. And you know how you actually do vs other boats. Smaller splintered fleets wrecks regattas.

Last edited: